Churches of Roatan: Photo Gallery

December 4th, 2012
by Robert Armstrong

Sagrada Familia Catholic Church in Los Fuertes

Sagrada Familia Catholic Church in Los Fuertes administers to the growing community of Catholics who have migrated to Roatan from the mainland.

First Baptist Church has been a West End landmark for half a century, roughly bisecting the West End Rd. tourist strip, which built up around it.

First Baptist Church has been a West End landmark for half a century, roughly bisecting the West End Rd. tourist strip, which built up around it.

Oak Ridge Baptist Church

Oak Ridge Baptist Church

Stained-glass window in Bethesda Methodist Church

Stained-glass window in Bethesda Methodist Church

Church of the Living God, outside Coxen Hole, an offshoot of the Church of God, Full Gospel Hall

Church of the Living God, outside Coxen Hole, an offshoot of the Church of God, Full Gospel Hall

Church of God Universal, Sandy Bay, another offshoot of the Full Gospel Hall Church of God

Church of God Universal, Sandy Bay, another offshoot of the Full Gospel Hall Church of God

Seventh Day Adventist Church in French Harbour, on the site of the original church, which was built in 1905

Seventh Day Adventist Church in French Harbour, on the site of the original Bay Islands SDA church, which was built in 1905

Church of God, Full Gospel Hall, French Harbour

Church of God, Full Gospel Hall, French Harbour

Worshipers exit Sunday mass at San Ignacio de Loyola in Punta Gorda. Locals say their Garifuna ancestors built a Catholic church on this site when they first arrived on Roatan in 1797. But there are no documents to prove it.

Worshipers exit Sunday mass at San Ignacio de Loyola in Punta Gorda. Locals say their Garifuna ancestors built a Catholic church on this site when they first arrived on Roatan in 1797. But there are no documents to prove it.

Church of God in Crawfish Rock, on a spooky, rainy night in November.

Church of God in Crawfish Rock, on a spooky, rainy night in November.

web PB148312

Bay Islands SDA headquarters, on a hill above French Harbour.

The original Full Gospel Hall church, in French Harbour. (courtesy Sheryl Norman)

The original Full Gospel Hall church, in French Harbour. (courtesy Sheryl Norman)

See related article.

Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.